On THIS episode: we are fully analog this episode- from ways to record your best of times and worst of times, to checking the time on a timepiece from a different time or timezone we cover all that and more next, on BPM: Tech!
* * *
Chris uses a Baron Fig Confidant journal and Bullet Journal rapid logging
* Baron Fig (https://www.baronfig.com/) - Based in New York. Kickstarter success. “Tools for thinkers”
* Bullet Journal (http://bulletjournal.com/) - customizable organization system
* Morning - 5-minute Journal (https://www.intelligentchange.com/products/the-five-minute-journal)- mental prep for the day ahead
* Evening - 5-minute Journal - the day's recap
* New acquisition; Seiko 6117-6410 (circa 72 best I can tell thus far)
* 6217-7000 think the Asia games/Olypics in tokyo
* 6117-8000 outer bezel (no hacking lever)
* 6117-6400 (WorldTimer)
* 6117-6410 (back to inner and hacking lever)
* Logo (http://wornandwound.com/daini-seikosha-seiko-factory/)
* Daini Seikosha- Daini - The double-triangle/Lightning-Bolt = Daini
* Suwa Seikosha- Suwa = Swirl
* “Seiko accomplished this by making the two divisions, Suwa and Daini, completely independent of each other, not sharing parts, movements, or any design information.”
* “Suwa Seikosha and Daini Seikosha became separate entities in 1959 for the purpose of promoting competition and improving product for the overarching Seiko brand,...”
Tech that caught our eye
Ok #watchfam, this one is for you!
* Update on SEQUENT (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1608034664/sequent-the-worlds-first-kinetic-self-charging-sma)...uhhh, looks like there is a boom: $445,527 pledged of $83,724 goal 1,636 backers 21 days to go
USPS Informed Delivery (https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action)
* Know what’s in your snail mailbox before it arrives
* Granted, it takes the surprise out of discovering what’s waiting for you in your mailbox, but you can now skip getting your mail on a day where you receive sales flyers and junk mail no items that need your immediate attention.
Connect with us
* AJ: patreon.com/ajbarse (http://patreon.com/ajbarse) or follow me on Twitter/Instagram both are @ajbarse.
* **_VLog is on hiatus due to personal/family medical issues, but the feed will still have photography from my adventuring and travels . _**
* Chris: You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Medium as @mnmltek
* Quiet Conversations newsletter: bit.ly/quietchris (http://bit.ly/quietchris)
* 100 Tech Tips - An ongoing project: www.100techtips.com (http://www.100techtips.com/)
Listen to us
* If you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to listen to our show on KMRE 102.3 FM (http://www.kmre.org/bellingham-podcast-media-tech/)!
* Thursdays at 9 am
* Saturdays at 1:30 pm
Talk to us
* Got a question about technology or anything else about life in Bellingham? Leave us a voicemail!
* 201-731-8324 (tel:2017318324) (**TECH)**
* Ask us nicely! We may include it in one of our future shows.
Thank You for Joining Us
* Subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play Store, Soundcloud, Spreaker, or wherever else you podcast. And check out our website at bellinghampodcast.com (http://bellinghampodcast.com/)