**On THIS episode: **
* The Summer season has gone from preheat to full-on bake mode. Now that we're spending more time outside, how can you improve the tech...in your backyard?
* Plus, AJ spies with his little beady eyes, some tech that is worth a try.
Throw some ice cubes in a glass, pour yourself the drink of your choice, sit back for a half-hour and enjoy two cool podcast cats...That's us! This is BPM: Tech!
* * *
For the backyard:
* 100-inch wrinkle-free portable outdoor projection screen + stand -$100 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/JaeilPLM-100-Inch-Wrinkle-Free-Projection-Transportable/dp/B010M0AH0A/), of course!
* LCD mini-projector - $100 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-T20-Projector-Multimedia-Smartphone/dp/B01LZRUY6Q/ref=pd_sim_23_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01LZRUY6Q&pd_rd_r=8BT4NZ476G3K6H8HTKRA&pd_rd_w=bgONN&pd_rd_wg=SzyE1&psc=1&refRID=8BT4NZ476G3K6H8HTKRA) as well
* MPOW solar sensor lights, waterproof outdoor wall lighting for garden or patio - $33 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D1H89DI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I8Y8EQWNRHPV5&colid=21RYAJKXP44LR)
* ENO SingleNest Hammock REI $60 (https://www.rei.com/product/754769/eno-singlenest-hammock)
* Eno Atlas hammoc suspension system (holds 400lbs) REI $30 (https://www.rei.com/product/840700/eno-atlas-hammock-suspension-system)
* Do you have unwieldy blackberry and brush.... or need something for the Zombie apocalypse; Black & Decker BD1773 Chopsaw, 15-Inch - Amason $25 (https://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-BD1773-Chopsaw-15-Inch/dp/B007BJWWYU)
CORRECTION Yard Dragon=" Weed" Dragon https://flameengineering.com/collections/weed-dragon-torch-kits
For the balcony:
* 24-foot Outdoor string lights, commercial grade, bistro style - $40 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Weatherproof-Commercial-WeatherTite-Incandescent/dp/B01IPSSYWE/)
* Instapark Flower Power color changing LED plant pot - $13 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014A8EZI/)
* S'more to Love - 6x smore maker for BBQ - $14 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Smore-Love-STL-611-Six-Smore-Maker/dp/B005EVJWC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500044988&sr=8-1&keywords=s-more+to+love)
* Oregon Scientific BAR208HGA Amazon about $50 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBA9ETF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
* ...and the reason why I went to OS's BAR208 AJ Prime Day. Didn't get a discount but got a new weather station. Acurite pro color with wind/hydro/temp $60
* Love the 3-in-1 sensor....HATE the display
* Any telescope- fun for kids to learn about space Meade 50mm Refractor Tele Amazon $40 (https://www.amazon.com/Meade-Instruments-Infinity-Refractor-Telescope/dp/B00LY8JCII/ref=lp_281063_1_13?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1500050558&sr=1-13)
* Night Sky iOS Free (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/night-sky/id475772902?mt=8)
* Stellarium (OpenSource) Free cross platform, (http://www.stellarium.org/)$3 on iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stellarium-mobile-sky-map/id643165438?mt=8), $2.50 Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noctuasoftware.stellarium&hl=en)
Tech that caught our eye
Nasa JunoCam just took the best photo of Jupiters Red Spot
* Via PetaPixel (https://petapixel.com/2017/07/14/nasa-just-shot-closest-ever-photos-jupiters-great-red-spot/)
* Via NASA JunoCam (https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing?phases%5B%5D=PERIJOVE+7&source=all&perpage=16&p=7)
* Love the sense of umor with NASA “Sauron's Eye (https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing?id=2022)”,
* * *
Connect with us
* AJ: patreon.com/ajbarse (http://patreon.com/ajbarse) or follow me on Twitter/Instagram both are @ajbarse.
* **_VLog is on hiatus due to personal/family medical issues, but the feed will still have photography from my adventuring and travels . _**
* Chris: You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Medium as @mnmltek
* Quiet Conversations newsletter: bit.ly/quietchris (http://bit.ly/quietchris)
* 100 Tech Tips - An ongoing project: www.100techtips.com (http://www.100techtips.com/)
Listen to us
* If you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to listen to our show on KMRE 102.3 FM (http://www.kmre.org/bellingham-podcast-media-tech/)!
* Thursdays at 9 am
* Saturdays at 1:30 pm
Talk to us
* Got a question about technology or anything else about life in Bellingham? Leave us a voicemail!
* 201-731-8324 (tel:2017318324) (**TECH)**
* Ask us nicely! We may include it in one of our future shows.
Thank You for Joining Us
* Subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play Store, Soundcloud, Spreaker, or wherever else you podcast. And check out our website at bellinghampodcast.com (http://bellinghampodcast.com/)