On THIS episode: We ask your future self “self, in 20 years from now, will I or my child really want to go through all those words and photos I posted on Facebook?” We've got some some tips on preserving those moments we share online: OFFLINE. NExt! On BPM: Tech!
* * *
Shout out to @bull_watches (https://www.instagram.com/bull_watches/)
* Glad they digg the show- listened back to our Fathers day ep, and got a pick from the show (https://www.instagram.com/p/BVcx0W2hfIC/?taken-by=bull_watches).
Chris and AJ yet again harp on BACKING UP YO DATA AND PHOTOS. With that now said...
Your essays. Captured in a book.
* Day One 2 - macOS Desktop (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/day-one/id1055511498?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo%3D4) - $40
* Day One 2 - iOS app (https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/day-one-2-journal-+-notes/id1044867788?mt=8&at=10lnHI&ct=dayoneappcom) - $24 in-app premium purchase
* Published a hardcover book from a year's worth of newsletters. 130+ pages, $40.
* Publishing journal entries coming later this year.
Your photos. Captured in a book
First- work with a local photographer
* FREE* Unlimited prints for the price of shipping
* App allows you to make stuff, prints, books, etc right there- no need for browser.
* Site doesn't use flash...but can be a little janky
* Cases, pillows, deck of cards, etc
* Mosaic for iOS
* The 5min photo book
* The downside again for desktop- their author tool in the browser is Flash based- so fire up the Chrome
* Amazon Prime Photos...guess what they also print
* Prime customers...free shipping
* FINALLY a site that doesn't use Flash to author a book
* $22 8x11 20 pages
Tech that caught our eye
**Retro Announcement by Nintendo...again**
SNES with StarFox2 (never before released)
* * *
Connect with us
AJ: patreon.com/ajbarse (http://patreon.com/ajbarse) or follow me on Twitter/Instagram both are @ajbarse.
* **_VLog is on hiatus due to personal/family medical issues, but the feed will still have photography from my adventuring and travels . _**
* Chris: You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Medium as @mnmltek
* Quiet Conversations newsletter: bit.ly/quietchris (http://bit.ly/quietchris)
* 100 Tech Tips - An ongoing project: www.100techtips.com (http://www.100techtips.com/)
Listen to us
If you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to listen to our show on KMRE 102.3 FM (http://www.kmre.org/bellingham-podcast-media-tech/)!
* Thursdays at 9 am
* Saturdays at 1:30 pm
Talk to us
Got a question about technology or anything else about life in Bellingham? Leave us a voicemail!
* 201-731-8324 (tel:2017318324) (**TECH)**
* Ask us nicely! We may include it in one of our future shows.
Thank You for Joining Us
* Subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play Store, Soundcloud, Spreaker, or wherever else you podcast. And check out our website at bellinghampodcast.com (http://bellinghampodcast.com/)