The Urban Hiker's Grandtour cont. On this episode
- AJ and I ask the question: Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP. Find out just what the heck I'm referring to - and some listener voicemail - coming up next.. On the Bellingham Podcast
The lead in:
The Outbound Collective; https://www.theoutbound.com/hiking
Another (more visual) resource to scout your next trail.
Adventures - Stories - Gear - Events
Sort by: Hiking, Photography, Chillin, Camping, Swimming, Backpacking
The latest hike to #GetOutThere - Fragrance Lake
- Tumwater is a city in Thurston County- http://www.ci.tumwater.wa.us/about-tumwater/history
- When the City was founded in 1845, it was named New Market. By 1863 the city was known as “Tumwater”, the Chinook jargon word for a waterfall.
- Tumwater, known as “Washington’s First Community,” was the starting point for further American settlements at Olympia, Seattle, Whidbey Island, and other points on Puget Sound. It was from Puget Sound that the movement to divide Oregon grew, resulting in the creation of Washington Territory in 1853.
- Tumwater Falls Park: https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/tumwater-falls-park
- a one-half mile scenic loop trail along the Deschutes River and three cascading waterfalls
- A playground will occupy kids, and in September and October, watch the fish ladder, where silvery salmon make their way upstream into the ponds of the fishery.
- Multnomah Falls (Or)- fun fact over 2 million visit the falls by each year
- 30 mon outside portland
- 611 foot tall roraring cascade of awesomness
- According to Native American lore, Multnomah Falls was created to win the heart of a young princess who wanted a hidden place to bathe
- At the bridge thats a 69 foot drop
- The bridge is named for Simon Benson, a prominent Portland businessman who owned the falls in the early part of the 1900s. Before his death, Benson gave Multnomah Falls to the City of Portland, which later transferred ownership to the USDA Forest Service.
- If you are looking to drone- DON'T
Movies - Good morning, Vietnam, Dirty Dancing
Music - U2 Joshua Tree, La Bamba, Never Gonna Give You Up
News - Iran-Contra investigations, world population was only 4.3 billion
Sports - Giants d. Broncos, Twins d. Cardinals
or follow on Instagram
@ajbarse AND an all new www.ajbarse.com Chris
or chrispowell.co Twitter Hashtags
: #bhampodcast and #quietconversation
If you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to listen to our show on KMRE 102.3 FM
Thursdays @ 9:00 am and Saturdays @ 1:30 pm.
Got a question about technology or anything else about life in Bellingham? Call 201-731-8324
(TECH) and leave us a voicemail, and ask us nicely! We may include it in one of our future shows.
iTunes, Google Play Store, Soundcloud, Spreaker, TuneIn, or wherever else you podcast. And check out our website at bellinghampodcast.com