On this episode: The roads less traveled
Get your motor running, whether it's gasoline or electric, and head out on the highway, or in my case State Route 542. AJ and I share some worthwhile jaunts to take when ya just wanna get outta town for a spell or just take a weekend cruise. PLUS... an award-winning photographer strikes again, Stay tuned, y'all. This is the Bellingham Podcast
Favorite Summer Time drink...that isn't Coffee
- Chris; a Thai Basil cocktail... When you want a refreshing drink-drink
- Crush basil leaves and pineapple chunks. Add this to a shaker with some ice. Drizzle some simple syrup, a couple shots of tequila (depending on how bad your day was), and add a squirt of lime juice. Shake it, don't break it, and strain it into your glass. #Consume
- AJ; San Pellegrino + Pok Pok Som
- “Pok Pok Som drinking vinegar is a refreshingly sweet and tart, fruit and vinegar-based beverage handcrafted in Portland, Oregon using quality US-made organic cane vinegar and fresh whole fruits, herbs and spices – no artificial flavoring.”
Head East... And North
Chris - Everson-Goshen Road, Head east on SR542 on the Mt. Baker highway New Grounds Espresso
- at the Smith Road roundabout
Enjoy the farmland and Wide Open Spaces. Also enjoy the lack of stoplights and traffic.
Turn left on Van Dyk road, enjoy Samson Estates Winery
- Ever had a Chocolate WIne Truffle
Take Hannegan back to Bellingham, because Meridian is nuts.
AJ - Road Trip North Bound!!
Fort Langley, BC
“It has a population of 3,400. It is the home of Fort Langley National Historic Site
, a former fur trade
post of the Hudson's Bay Company
. Lying on the Fraser River
, Fort Langley is at the northern edge of the Township of Langley.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Langley
Tourism to the park: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/bc/langley
More Accolades for AJ
2018 Essence of Bellingham
Best of Subject: Things/Nature, People/Playing, and People/Working
AJ's blog : https://www.ajbarse.com/photography/essence-of-bellingham-2018/
or follow on Instagram
@ajbarse AND an all new www.ajbarse.com Chris
or chrispowell.co Twitter Hashtags
: #bhampodcast and #quietconversation
If you're in the Bellingham area, be sure to listen to our show on KMRE 102.3 FM
Thursdays @ 9:00 am and Saturdays @ 1:30 pm.
Got a question about technology or anything else about life in Bellingham? Call 201-731-8324
(TECH) and leave us a voicemail, and ask us nicely! We may include it in one of our future shows.
iTunes, Google Play Store, Soundcloud, Spreaker, TuneIn, or wherever else you podcast. And check out our website at bellinghampodcast.com